Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Watch

I bought this watch one year ago at the airport in London on our way to Uganda. I thought little of the purchase at the time, I needed a watch while in Africa and it was the cheapest I could find. Now, one year later, it is one of the most valuable things I own.

Last year Perez wore my watch nearly everyday. So when we returned to San Diego, everyday I put the watch on...everytime I looked at the watch, I was reminded of our little boy in Uganda.


When we began the adoption process about 8 months ago, the watch served a new purpose. It became my personal timer until we would see Perez again and stand with him in court (I don't think Perez will actual stand in court with us) waiting to hear the judge grant us legal guardianship.


We now know that date.


On Wednesday, November 19th, Ali and I will appear in the high court of Uganda and ask the judge to grant us guardianship over Perez. If our request is granted, we will be able to bring Perez home with us.


So over the next 7 days, as often as we come to mind, would you please pray for us and this BIG final step to the process. We are excited, confident and nervous all at once...and we believe in God's "timing."


Thanks ahead of time,

from Uganda with love


11 comments:

Bill said...

We're praying like crazy for the 19th and all the other days of your African sojourn as well. Love you guys. Dad

AH said...

Keeping you guys on my heart and in my prayers...

Jerod said...

You have my prayers big time.... I will fast on wed too

Sylvia said...

Hi Steve and Ali,
Thanks for keeping up this blog - it's really neat to hear about everything you are doing there and the experiences you are having! I wish we were there with you!
We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers and will look forward to hearing the good news on the 19th!
With love from San Diego,
Sylvia & Adam

Matthew Blake Williams said...

That's great news. :) We'll spend time praying for you in home church the night before!

Jennie Denney said...

Praying for you guys as the 19th gets closer!

The Peaks said...

ali and steve, wow! I am so excited for you that you have a date. I love you and will pray for you all and the judge. keep posting, we love hearing what is going on. auntie nickie

Morgan said...

We are praying for you and hoping for the best!

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve and Ali,

Thanks for the update...I'm praying for you!

- Ed

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve and Ali
Brought tears to my eyes too...
Hope all goes well for you on
the 19th...will be praying.
So excited for you.
Marie in Nevada

Unknown said...

Having an actual date is exciting and nerve-wracking and such a blessing! Remember every detail - and enjoy the process. God is before you - through this entire process. We will continue to pray! We love you! The Rileys