Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's Going to Nairobi

For many of you involved in this process either currently or in the past, you understand the title of this post. Our visa request has been denied, as of now, and our file will be sent to the USCIS office in Nairobi. That office will look over our case and decide if they want to issue the visa. This can take many months and there is still no guarantee the visa will be issued. Just so you don't have to read between the lines on this one, Maggie will not be coming home with us this trip.

It's slightly difficult to process this all right now, being that the decision happened only a few hours ago. I can say that things went well at the interview, the consular wasn't a jerk and I really wasn't shocked by his decision. I wasn't pleased by it, but it didn't come out of nowhere. We new well in advance that our case didn't fit the bill. We were asking him to make an exception to the law. He didn't.

Disappointed, yes. Hopeless, no. Honestly, right now, I'm praying that whatever plan God has for this little girl over the next season doesn't involve anymore pain, either physical or emotional. I am praying that God strengthens their family. I am praying that God restores the mom's health. I am praying that somehow, Maggie, the two siblings and her mom are all provided for. I know that God is the giver of every good thing and I pray that he would pour out blessings on their family. They have been gracious and giving and selfless. May God honor their character by multiplying it ten-fold on their behalf.

I'm sure more of the emotions of this whole thing will spill into the pages of future posts, but for tonight, this is all we can handle.

From Uganda with Love,
Ali

2 comments:

denneypraise said...

Dear Ali, your post is bittersweet!
I am so sorry about the visa denial -
Not bringing Maggie home with you....
The sweet part is how you are giving
It to God, and praying for Maggie and
Her family. Love to you and Perez and
Steve....and continued prayers for
All.

klalib said...

Ali, I'm so sorry this is happening. I will be praying for you all and am ready to help in this next phase of the process if you need anything. Praying, Kei