Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Court Ruling

The judge gave a positive ruling. Not quite in the mood to hash out all the details, but regardless of his position on our case, which he made abundantly clear in both the hearing and ruling, he granted our request favorably for Maggie. No explanation there except that God is making a way for her.

Yes, that is the first hurdle and we made it over that one. The embassy is the second and even bigger one. If all our paperwork goes as planned, we will be in the embassy Monday afternoon for Maggie's visa interview. I will have to go alone because Steve is going back. Not an ideal situation, but it's what we've got. This is more difficult because Maggie doesn't fit orphan status. We have to make a defense as to why they should give us a visa regardless of the written law. It could be very messy.

In the midst of all this, I really believe that whatever is God's plan for Maggie and our family will play itself out in an efficient and timely manner...and I don't just mean her coming home with us. I mean WHATEVER happens. God is good.

From Uganda with love,
Ali

1 comments:

MamaJane said...

Steve & Ali....I have been praying for you all! Because of the fact that I have gotten your posts via email (which is great!), I haven't clicked into the blog & commented...but I want you to know I have been and will continue to hold you close in my heart and lift up prayers on your behalf.

Your faith is a gift from and a praise to God! I will pray that you will sail thru the immigration process!

Ali, you are brave and strong! I admire you so much, as I do my dear friend, Kei, for your ability to stay there on your own. Not sure I could do that, but this I know....we can do ALL things thru Christ Who strengthens us! I will pray He will strengthen you.

Your rat stories are amazing....and gross....and horrible....and well, I'm just hoping you take care of the whole clan & all their friends before we come back! ;0)

Blessings on your day!